Latest News- March 21st
Here’s the latest from DCF-
- Join us Online for our Sunday Morning Service- 10:15am on Facebook live @ https://www.facebook.com/dothancf/. We’ll be moving our services to online only and we’ll also be posting (including live-streams) encouraging updates to the DCF Facebook Page on a regular basis. Stay tuned.
- We’ve added a “Covid-19 Update and Resource Page” to our DCF Website page @ http://dothancf.com/covid19/. Go here for general info and resource links to govt. agencies, local food-banks and other helpful information. We’ll keep this updated regularly.
- We have canceled our Thrive Conference for April 17th-18th. We’ll reschedule at a later date. We’ll contact everyone who registered with refund details.
- We have suspended all small group “physical” meetings. However, we encourage everyone to continue to connect even if you can’t be in the same room together. The church was never a building, it was just the place the church could meet. We’ve just moved the meeting place to online (at least temporarily). Take advantage of technology to stay connected (even if you’re old-school, smart phones still have a “phone” option).
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a need, would like prayer or simply need encouragement.
Join us Online for our Sunday Morning Service- 10:15am on Facebook live @ https://www.facebook.com/dothancf/.
This is just the beginning. We’ll be gearing up in the coming weeks with new ways to connect and meet needs as we move to online church. We’ll be offering several options throughout the week moving forward, including updates, testimonies and even some live-streaming options for whoever may be available. Stay tuned to our facebook page for more info.
Share your testimonies!
We’d love to hear how God is breaking through in your circumstances. Send testimonies to email@example.com.
We’re in uncharted waters and that’s sure to bring up some potentially challenging needs. Our Prayer Team would love to pray with you. Send your request and contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get in touch by phone to encourage you in prayer.
Finance Team Update
We’ve taken several steps to reduce our operating expenses as a church including auditing every area of spending and eliminating anything deemed non-essential. However, our mission will continue- both internally, to equip and meet the needs of the church family, and externally, to reach out in an unprecedented way to those in need around us. There has never been a more relevant time to see “Lives Transformed by Grace & the Holy Spirit”.
There are currently 3 ways to give–
- Check By Mail- 2054 John D. Odom Road, Dothan, AL 36303
- Online- www.dothancf.com/give
- Set up online auto bill pay from your own bank (contact your individual bank for details)
The Finance team would love to help in other ways as well- If you need assistance with updating your budget, or just have questions regarding your finances, they’re here for you. If they can’t answer a question, they’ll point you in the right direction. Contact email@example.com to arrange a call.
POSTED: MARCH 17, 2020
Dear DCF Family and Friends,
We wanted to follow-up about our next steps as a church-
- We are suspending all small group “physical” meetings. The State Department has advised everyone to avoid gathering in groups of more than 10 people until further notice. Small Group Leaders may connect their groups in alternative ways. Stay tuned for communication from your group leader. Please stay in contact individually in other ways- text, call and encourage everyone as often as you can. Community has always been important but even more so now.
- We will begin Live-Streaming our Sunday Morning services next Sunday, March 22nd at 10:15am. Stay tuned for more details.
- We have asked our Leadership Team, Small Group Leaders Grace Team Leaders, etc. to be praying for and connecting with all of you.
- Please let someone know if you’re in need, even if it’s just to talk, receive encouragement or prayer.
- We have people who are willing to pick up groceries/ prescriptions, etc. for those who are at higher risk of developing serious COVID-19 illness and shouldn’t be out and about.
- For arising needs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your small group/ grace team leaders.
Proverbs 22:3 says “A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
We put our faith in a faithful God and we don’t entertain fear or allow worry to control our lives. At the same time, God has called us to be prudent so let’s make wise choices and follow the guidelines of our federal, state and local leaders as we join together to combat this virus.
You may feel apprehensive about what the next few weeks/months hold. But let me assure you that we’re going to rediscover God’s goodness and His great faithfulness to us as a congregation, city and nation. God is on His throne and has been for every crisis that has come before. He is faithful and His people will prevail.
Don’t hesitate to be the church in this season. Pray for the sick, offer help in time of need, present a spirit of calmness and kindness when given the opportunity, especially when things are tense. Don’t offer platitudes, but really listen to people’s hearts.
When sickness presented itself, Jesus reached out and healed those who were ill and had no hope. He’s the same today as He was back then. He also met practical needs. Let’s do the same. Let’s be the church to the world when the world needs it the most.
Christian author and speaker, Jon Acuff has said, “fear is an emotion, afraid is a choice”. We can’t help when the emotion arises, but we can choose to not be afraid. If you’re struggling with fear, reach out to someone who can encourage, pray for you, and even help to meet practical needs. Scripture says that “… love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love.” 1 John 4:18 NLT
Please remain faithful-
… in loving one another
- praying for one another
- encouraging one another
- calling, texting, messaging, etc.
… in supporting the body
- keep doing what you’re responsible for
- keep serving where needed (if healthy)
- communicate often with your Small Group leaders, Grace Team leaders, etc.
… in giving
- our ministry/operating expenses will continue so thank you in advance for your faithfulness
- you can mail checks to 2054 John D. Odom Rd, Dothan, AL 36303
- you can set up online auto bill pay from your own bank (contact your individual bank for details)
- Online giving is also available
We’re asking everyone to practice preventative actions during this season and to follow the guidelines from the CDC regarding precautions and recommendations for those involved in faith communities, especially-
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow.
- Clean frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when sick.
- Limit close contact with others as much as possible (about 6 feet).
Living Waters (Christian Counseling)
2130 Co Rd 125, Headland, AL 36345
Good News Ministries – Diaper Closet
The Diaper Closet is designed to meet the basic needs and supply diapers once a month to families.
208 W. Newton Street, Dothan AL 36303
Wiregrass Hope Group and Pregnancy Center
Free marriage counseling | Free pregnancy test and ultrasounds |New born support and classes
171 Westgate Parkway, Dothan, AL 36303
Dothan First Assembly of God
FOOD PANTRY: Provides food to persons in need through their food pantry
Tuesday and Thursday 8:00am-4:00pm
3615 West Main Street, Dothan AL 36301
601 North Saint Andrews Street, Dothan AL 36301
Evergreen Presbyterian Church Food Pantry
This agency may be able to help with non-perishable, baby items and paper goods when available WEDNESDAY 8:30am-10:30am
1103 N Pontiac Avenue Dothan AL 36303
First Church of the Nazarene Food Pantry
Provides food to persons in need through their food pantry on the 1ST and 3rd Wednesday 3-5pm Walk-Ins ONLY
1081 Honeysuckle Road, Dothan AL 36305
First United Methodist Church in Christ’s Hand Program
This program may be able to help with Food, Rent, Utilities, Prescriptions and Bus tickets
Monday 9-11:30am ONLY
1380 West Main Street, Dothan AL 36301
Full Gospel Ministry Church Food Pantries
Provides food to persons in need through the food pantry
211 South Ussery Street, Dothan AL 36301
Good News Shop – Direct Aid Services
This agency may be able to help with Utilities, Medicine, Food Voucher and other needs on a Case-to-Case Basis- NO RENT HELP
148 North Foster Street, Dothan AL 36303
Helping Hands of Dothan
This program helps those in need with their clothing & food
435 J. Steele Road, Dothan AL 36303
Living Hope Community Outreach Food Pantry
Living Hope provides food to those in need who income qualify below Federal Poverty
309 North Lena Street, Dothan AL 36301
279 West Main Street, Dothan AL 36301
Mercury Outreach Food Pantry
Provides food to persons in need through their food pantry
501 Broadway, Ashford AL 36312
Salvation Army Dothan Food Pantry
This agency provides food pantry services to those in need. Call for panty info.
1007 South Bell Street, Dothan AL 36301
Southeast Alabama Baptist Associate Direct Aid Services – Food Pantry
1306 Ross Clark Circle, Dothan AL 36301
The Harbor – Food Assistance Program
This agency provides breakfast on Saturdays and dinner on Saturdays and Wednesdays. Food Pantry and Clothing Pantry is open on Saturday mornings. Free laundry services on Saturday mornings.
320 North Foster Stree, Dothan AL 36303
Westgate Church of Christ Food Pantry & Clothing Closet
This agency provides a Food and Clothing on the 2nd Tuesday of ever month.
617 Westgate Parkway, Dothan AL 36301
Filing for Unemployment by State
Workers can file for benefits online at www.labor.alabama.gov or by calling 1-866-234-5382.
***Online filing is encouraged.***
Steps to file:
- Go the Alabama Department of Labor <-CLICK HERE!!!
- Choose File a Claim
- Choose Establish a new or reopen a UC Claim
- Choose Continue
- After reading the following information on the next screen, choose proceed.
- After reading the following on the next screen, choose proceed. (This information provides specific details regarding your unemployment claim.)
- Continue to next screen and enter social security number and create a PIN.
- Be sure to answer this question yes if this is the reason for your layoff. This will prevent you from searching for work.
“Are you filing this unemployment claim due to reasons related to the Covid-19 (coronavirus) pandemic?”
- Continue on answering the following questions.