In 1974, a group of young people set out to do something radical in Dothan, Alabama… plant a church. Inspired by the Jesus Movement, they began meeting in homes, focusing on how to live church out biblically. Within a year of planting, DCF began to experience significant growth, with people moving to the city just to be a part of what was happening. Eventually DCF merged with another fellowship, Dothan Covenant Church forming the congregation we know today.
Throughout the 1980’s, DCF connected with various international leaders who helped build into the foundations a deep sense of community, an openness to the Holy Spirit, and a mandate to reach the nations, without losing focus on the local body of Christ.
In early 2010, through DCF’s relationship with NCMI, David and Karen Hale stepped into the role of Lead Elders/Pastors. David & Karen have brought over 20 years of leadership experience, a heart for authentic relationships, and an intentionality in creating space for God’s people to walk into all the fullness He has for them. Building upon a rich heritage and history, God is continually doing new things here at DCF.
What We Believe
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God. (II Timothy 3:15; II Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is one God, creator of all things visible and invisible, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1-2; Matthew 28:19; John 1: 1-5, 14; John 10:30)
- We believe in the deity and lordship of Jesus Christ, the only begotten son of the Father, (Matthew 16:16); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; Hebrews 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (I Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25; I Corinthians 15:4); His Ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); and His personal return in power and glory. (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that people are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone are we saved. (John 3:16-19; John 5:24; Romans 3:23; Romans 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28-29). We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12-14; Galatians 3:26-28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled with power to be His witness and to live a godly and victorious life. (Acts 1:8; Matthew 3:11; Romans 8:13-14; I Corinthians 3:16; I Corinthians 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30; Ephesians 5:18).
- We believe that all Christians are called to a life of holiness and service to the Lord Jesus Christ and that each Christian is part of the Priesthood of all believers. (I Peter 2:5, 9).